Dirty grout making you pout? We got you!
If you have tile floors in your home, you know the deal: the grout gets SO gross. You can clearly see the color difference between high traffic areas and not so high traffic areas. It’s enough to make anyone cringe. But have no fear – you can try to clean your grout yourself! Here’s the deal:
Start with 7 ingredients:
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dish soap
- Scrubbing tool
- Hot water
Steps to clean that nasty grout:
- Remove surface dirt with a towel and hot water
- Mix together ½ cup baking soda, ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp dish soap.
- Spoon cleaning agents onto grout and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Scrub the grout lines with a brush. Pro tip: Make sure to scrub hard to agitate the grout and cleaning solution and break up any really stuck dirt.
- Wipe clean.
If this process doesn’t cut it, you may want to consider hiring a professional floor cleaning company. Do not use bleach or harsh cleaning agents on grout as that can erode the sealants and the grout itself.
Now that your grout is sparkling, what about the tiles?! They deserve some love, too! Here’s the deal:
- Sweep to remove all lose dirt.
- Use a manufactured cleaner of choice or create a natural tile cleaning solution by using hot, soapy water with dish soap.
- Use a sponge mop or towel to apply cleaning solution.
- Allow it to set for 1-3 minutes.
- Remove dirt with a damp sponge mop or towel.
- Allow floor to dry.
So there you have it! Sparkling tile floors and grout can be yours with the stuff you have at home and a little elbow grease!