9 Flooring Trends Popping Up in 2022!
Posted by PDRMarketing1
Well, folks – seems like once again we are spending more and more time at home, staring at our four walls. And that means we start to notice all of the design elements of our homes we want to start changing. A little sprucing up here – a little refresh there….so much to do! So why not start with your floors?! Thanks to indecortrends.com, here are 9 fun new trends in floors for 2022!
- Smoked Wood Floors – these floors give off a stronger color and grain without the need for staining. They undergo a process called “smoke” where the wood is placed into a chamber and ammonia is released. The chemical reaction causes creates a unique staining on the wood
- Bleached Wood – this gives a much softer white-washed look over the traditional darker/deeper tones. The process of doing this to your existing floor is very expensive, so you might be much better off replacing your floors with already white-washed laminate flooring. Your contractor can help you decide which option is best.
- Weathered Wood and Concrete Tiles – with this application, floors go through an artificial aging process to make them look older and weathered. This gives the appearance of historic wood flooring. This can also be used with concrete floors to remove the typical polished appearance.
- Beautiful Patterns – who said you had to stick to a “normal” layout for your wood floors?! Choosing something eye-catching like a herringbone pattern creates a fun and unique look!
- Black and White – this vintage look can make a serious statement! Bring back the glamour of the past with bold black and white patterned tiles that can blend easily with contemporary styles.
- Reclaimed Wood Tiles – this is an often sought-after warm and rustic look. And there’s no need to go searching for wood from a torn-down barn! Technology has allowed us to create the realistic look of reclaimed wood.
- Graphic Tiles – for a super bold statement, you can go for a mosaic of tiles that come together to create a large pattern across your floor.
- Hexagon Tiles – don’t be a square! Large hexagonal tiles (and other shapes) can get you out of that boring 4-sided rut! Plus, it can be blended with other flooring materials for a truly unique look!
- Au Natural – forget staining and artificial colors. Bring the outside in by using natural wood!